What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
The NDIS is a new way to help people with a permanent and significant disability to receive care and support, in order to improve their ability to take part in everyday activities.The NDIS will support about 460,000 Australians under the age of 65 people with a disability to live an ordinary life. The aim of this support is to provide:
- Support to achieve greater independence
- Support to being more involved in the community
- Support in gaining employment, and
- Support with improved wellbeing
- Personal care and support,
- Access to the community,
- Therapy services, and
- Essential equipment.
Who can access the NDIS?Below are some guidelines to help you check if you can access NDIS:
- To access the NDIS you must live in Australia and be:
- an Australian citizen OR
- a permanent resident OR
- To access the NDIS you must be aged under 65 years.
- To access the NDIS right now, you must live in an NDIS area on a designated date. In some of these areas, you also need to be a certain age to access the Scheme.
- To meet the NDIS disability rules you need to have an impairment or condition that is likely to be permanent (lifelong) and that stops you from doing everyday things by yourself or,
- You may also meet NDIS requirements if you need some support now to reduce your support needs in the future.
What NDIS services does OnePointHealth offer?OnePointHealth is a registered NDIS provider, with state-of-the-art facilities to provide the best environment for people with disabilities.We are approved providers of:
- Exercise Physiology
- Custom and ready-made footwear
- Prosthetics and orthotics (eg: custom foot orthotics, compression sleeves, hand splints, ankle-foot-orthoses, etc.),